Monday, August 8, 2011

Great Things in Small Boxes

     Count your blessings instead of sheep. This is one true statement I cherish because God is a generous God. He never fails to amuse me and to make me smile everyday. In fact, through a very tiny ant, He'll show me He cares. I believe simplest things which draw laughter are God's tickles. I'd like to count His blessings by creating a list of amusing, tiny, unbelievable or the most ordinary ways  which make me feel I'm blessed because I'm alive.


1. Butterflies all over the place- makes me feel like a child again
2. My nephew's chuckle
3. My husband rubbing my itchy back
4. Food particle stuck between my teeth which came off after several attempts of removing it
5. A clean comfort room
6. A faucet with clear generous flow of water  coming out of it
7. Landbank ATM on-line with no line
8. A slice of blueberry cheese cake  




9. A fresh, soft and fragrant blanket
10. A fresh, soft and fragrant pillowcase
11. Mosquito net under my feet
12. A powerhug with my husband
13. A smooch from my nephew and little cousins
14. Receiving a bouquet of flowers
15. A free meal
16. White kitkat  
17. Lots of 25 centavos for Pondong Batangan
18. Wonderboy chips
19. Sound of Music movie 
20. Hearing one of my fave songs on the radio
21. Paid bills
22. Mountain view on my bedside window 
23. A moonlight sky
24. Christmas nightsky
25. Christmas giftwrapping
26. A sharpened pencil
27. A ballpen emptied up to the end
28. A fan on a very hot day
29. An umbrella when it rains
30. An available loperamide when my tummy aches
31. My headache balm
32. Great relief from migraine after vomiting
33. Sleeping time
34. Finishing a good book
35. A seat on the bus
36. Finishing a rosary 


37. Waking up with my husband hugging me
38. Getting well from a cold
39. Having a cup of coffee  in the veranda
40. My planted plants growing 
41. Seeing people use paper bags instead of plastics
42. A sweet corn with butter and salt
43. Penoy balot or balot
44. Hot pan de sal
45. A company-seeking officemate asking for prayer for this intention
46. A feeling of newly-brushed teeth
47. An ice cream recipe sold
48. Regular bowel movement
49. A clean pair of sleeping wear
50. Goldfish in my aquarium while feeding
51. Raindrops on leaves


52. My husband's contagious laughter
53. Finding a lost item when you're not even looking for it
54. Trying a new recipe
55. Buying the shoes I really want and finding out its the last pair, as if its meant to be mine
56. Magnoila chocolait
57. Newly rebond/fixed hair
58. Wearing my favorite necklace
59. Seeing highshcool friends in the facebook
60. Meeting persons with same name as I am
61. Finding old photographs from an unchartered place in the house
62. Reading old letters and cards
63. Screaming at the top of my lungs just to relax
64. Somebody telling me I'm beautiful
65. A pat on my back
66. Precious Moments characters
67. A flower in bloom
68. Hot nai cha
69. Weddings
70. A swan on a pond
71.Watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S
72. Watching E.R.
73. Watching Ally McBeal
74. MacGyver memories
75. Last  coins in my wallet
76. A visit in the Blessed Sacrament
77. An infant touching my arm
78. Letting go of my money in the offertory basket
79. Lying on the bed after work
80. Putting my nephew to sleep
81. A free massage while in the salon
82. Strolling while eating ice cream
83. A cool wind blowing my face
84. Smell of a newly cut grass
85. Somebody whistling a fine tune
86. Seeing what's below when aboard an airplane
87. White wash made by boats


88. Cascading water


89. Being offered a pair of slippers  on a cold floor
90. Mango tree filled with fruits


91. A ricefield
92. A beach view
93. My husband rubbing my foot
94. Stubborn stains between my fingernails removed by using kamias/kalamias
95.Pancake House mango shake 
96. Killing a mosquito in one attempt
97. Pot-pot of Pan De Sal vendor in the morning
98. Receiving post mail
99. Underarm hair being plucked
100. Seeing dy massaging inay's foot
101. Evening snack with my family
102. A dinner with close friends
103. Arranging surprise party for a friend or being part of it
104. Colorful balloons


105. A Japanese garden
106. The feel of fine sand under my feet
107. Hearing Angelus over the radio or it being recited in the mall
108. A cloud forming an object 
109. Sun rays through the clouds


110. Dancing anime characters in the videoke
111. Disney's Chip and Dale
112. Seeing Smurfs again
113. A new-born niece
114. A dew drop on a leaf
115. Kayaking with mu hubby
116. Old photgraphs
117. My 37-year old baby dress worn by my niece


118. Pinterest.com


119. Blue retractable Pilot ballpen
120. A striped caterpillar on a leaf-A promise of a new butterfly 





The list will go on and on and I intend to keep this list for as long as I see His greatness in small packages. In every opportunity will I thank Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment