Monday, August 1, 2011

Where There is Mountain, Pray.

      Every morning I have to commute to work. I have to travel for an hour to get there. It's quite tiring and entails a lot of effort to wake up early to avoid the rush. But there's one thing I am so thankful of. Its when I reach RSM Real, Calamba. There is a vulcanizing shop beside it where I wait for a bus to Los Banos, Laguna. No, I don't admire the tires. I admire the view of Mt. Makiling and a hill in front of this fascinating mountain. Its not the enchanting look of Maria Makiling which entices me. But it's the grandeur of the mountain itself. I feel a soothing calmness and peace within me.Because this is where I connect with God. 
        Jesus used to pray in the wilderness and mountains. These are His favorite spots. I can see why. Because it is on the mountain  where God's promises for Moses, Abraham and Jesus were made. It is a symbol of stability, strength and greatness. Even Noah's ark was drawn atop a mountain. Mountain was mentioned a lot of times in the Bible. Even Jesus said we can say to a mountain to move over if we have faith as tiny as a mustard seed. Moses had Mt. Sinai. Abraham had Mt. Moriah. Jesus had Mt. Hermon. Mt. Makiling is my mountain (at least a view of it). Everytime I look at it in the morning, I greet God because I see Him smiling at me and greeting me through this mountain. I praise God also because I have the best view of Mt. Makiling by my bedside window. Something I cherish everyday as I look outside. As if God is telling me. "Hey, child, look at me. I'm huge. I'm gigantic. I'm magnificent. I'm strong. I'm immovable. I'm big. Bigger than all your worries and wrinkles. Fear not for even the clouds that cover your view of me vanish within the day. The scorching sun which burns you sets behind me. Seeds continue to grow, fruits and flowers flourish through me. Will these facts be enough to pacify you? You just don't know how much and how grand the things I can show you. I love you this mountain-much ".
       If the hills are alive with the sound of music, the mountains are alive with the voice of my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment