Saturday, August 6, 2011

Moments with the Savior

       I had a book entitled "Moments with the Savior" by Ken Gire. This has become my favorite book. It really made me experience Christ because it brought me to the scenes as if they're exactly happening in front of me. Its as if I could touch Jesus. I could feel His emotions and I could see how He sees us. I saw how unbelieving and continually doubting we, His disciples were. Many times I saw myself as a child in the scenes. Quiet. Observing. Feeling. I saw how a widow wept when her son died but Jesus woke him up. I understood why a lady with a jug fetched water from the well every afternoon. I had a high regard for Nicodemus after he sought Jesus at night. I realized why a woman was accused as adulterer-its because they were spying on her waiting for the moment not to trap her but to trap Jesus. It was the loyalty of his friends which made an impact to me when a man was forced  through the roof inside the house where Jesus was healing and preaching. It was Barttemeus' faith which healed him. These are just few moments with Him. I was there.  I was drawn there by Ken Gire's full description of the details. How he analyzed every movement or every word said is just so brilliant. I was grateful for talented people like him who brings Jesus closer to me. Its too close in fact  that I could touch His cloak.  
      This book also inspired me to do some role-playing  during our household meetings or in one of our chapter meetings before. Each one of us would be given a character in a scene depicting Jesus  life. An apostle, a Pharisee or a priest who went against Jesus, an unbeliever, a follower, a bystander or an onlooker, etc. Then somebody would read the gospel. The gospel would be read again but this time, everyone would close their eyes and imagine themselves in the scene internalizing their respective characters. The gospel would be read up to four times. The results were just remarkable. Everyone, had a glimpse of the past. They felt what their characters really felt. I praise God for that. I hope we can do that again so we can understand fully how the apostles lived and how they felt when they were with Jesus. This will also help us in analyzing ourselves if and when somebody we know ( or don't ) will tell us one day that he is the Messiah. What will our reactions be? How are we going to feel. I am sure none of us will believe. Because during their time, very few people believed that Jesus is the Messiah. Even His disciples doubted at one point. 
     As for the book, I already finished it a few years ago. But it's worth rereading. It makes me know Him more and more. It makes me see myself as a believer much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment